Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Back to school...less than two weeks.

The following memo was created for a Sunday evening delivery, but the local fire sent me in a different direction. I hope that everyone is safe and healthy. It's hard to witness the devastation and destruction of a fire. I am so thankful for the dedication and hard work of our local fire departments.

If you know of anyone who needs assistance, please encourage them to reach out to the district. We are here and eager to help.

Stay Safe,
~Brett

Dear Parents, guardians, and students!

The excitement of the new school year is sure starting to bubble up! I can't wait to have students, staff, and families back in our hallways. One of my main goals this school year is to give students meaningful experiences that make learning engaging and fun. I am looking forward to seeing playful classroom games, amusing assemblies, and engaging field trips this school year. Additionally, I look forward to challenging a few students at a four-square game or two! I have been working on my backspin bounce.

Research has highlighted that "having fun while learning also helps students retain information better because the process is enjoyable and memorable." We have sure been through quite a bit during the last year and a half. This year, I am challenging our staff to seek joy-filled experiences within their classroom.

This year our first-day packets are going to be completed online. The link to these forms is posted on our Facebook and school website under the Family ID link. If possible, please complete these forms before the start of school. Additionally, families are welcomed to come into the school to complete the paperwork on a school computer. While you are in the building, please be sure to swing by my office to say "Hi!"

Finally, preschool and kindergarten registration is now open. If you know any three to five-year-old children, please encourage their parent(s) to stop by the K-8 school's office to complete their registration form for preschool or kindergarten. Ms. Tammy will be ready to help our newest students begin their public school journey.

As we enter the last two weeks of our summer, I hope that all of you find some extra time to have fun as a family. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Mr. Joachim, Principal
Springdale K-8